Explain the teachings of Islam with special reference to its principles.
The teachings of Islam are based on these five principles:
- Every Muslim should always proclaim oneness of God i.e., Allah and Mohammad as his prophet on this earth.
- Every Muslim should offer prayers five times daily, and on Friday afternoon in a mosque with others collectively.
- One should give alms to the poor and needy.
- Every Muslim should keep fast i.e., roza during the day in the month of Ramzan from dawn to dusk.
- One should, if possible, go on a ‘Haj’ to Mecca at least once in a lifetime.