What does the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan aim at? How far has it been successful so far? List any five tasks related to cleanliness which the students must undertake.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan aims to achieve the following:
- To construct toilets.
- To eradicate manual scavenging.
- To change people’s attitudes to sanitation and create awareness.
Swachh Bharat Mission can only be made successful if manual scavenging in the states is completely eliminated and replaced with modern toilets. The progressive rehabilitation of those dependent on scavenging has to be planned simultaneously through skill development programs so that they get suitably rehabilitated. Moreover, Swachh Bharat Mission will succeed only when each and every Indian become responsible for creating, managing waste, and not littering public places.
Students must undertake the following tasks:
- Avoid littering in public places.
- Keep their schools and homes clean.
- Throw garbage in proper places.
- Avoid throwing rubbish into rivers.
- Promote campaign to end open defecation.