Highlight any five special measures taken by the Government of India for the upliftment of Backward Classes.
The Government of India has taken several special measures for the upliftment of backward classes:
- The practice of untouchability has been abolished under the Right to Equality.
- Provision of scholarships for school education of children belonging to Backward Classes.
- Passing of laws prohibiting atrocities against Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- Prohibition of manual scavenging.
- Special financial schemes to develop housing in villages with a majority of Scheduled Castes.