List any five powers and functions of the Prime Minister of India.
The Prime Minister of India is the pivot and the entire administration revolves around him/her. He/she is the head of government and performs the following functions:
- He forms Council of Ministers.
- He coordinates the working of various departments.
- He acts as link between the President and the Cabinet.
- He presides over the meetings of the Cabinet as well as Council of Ministers.
- He advises the President to summon or prorogue the session or to dissolve the Lok Sabha before its term expires.