Mention the distribution of water in the Northern and Southern hemispheres.


The distribution of water is not uniform in both the Northern and the Southern Hemispheres. It is estimated that 43 % of the total area covered by water lies in the Northern Hemisphere whereas the remaining 57 % lies in the Southern Hemisphere.