What are the various advantages of roadways over other means of transport?
The various advantages of roadways over other means of transport are:
- It is used for the movement of passengers and goods for shorter distances.
- Roadways is the swift and efficient means of transportation which provides door to door services.
- Roads help in the transportation of perishable items, like fruits and vegetables, to distant markets with a speedy movement.
- Construction and maintenance of roads is cheaper as compared to other means of transport.
- In hilly areas, road transport plays a very important role, as other means of transport are either not possible or are very expensive.