Distinguish between tropical and temperate grasslands.
The differences between tropical and temperate grasslands are as follows-
- Tropical grass lands Located between the equatorial forests and hot desert in both the hemisphere.
- These grass land receives about 100cm rain fall.
- The grasses of these regions are very rough, thick and tall.
- Temperate Grasslands located in the temperate zone in the interior part of the continents.
- These grass lands receive about 25 to 75 cm rain fall. They receive snow fall also.
- The grasses of these regions are short and soft.