List any five factors responsible for the decline of the Mughal empire.
The five factors responsible for the decline of the Mughal Empire are as follows:
1. The religious intolerance of Mughals turned the Rajputs against them.
2. Weak and inefficient successors of Aurangzeb provided and open invitation for internal rebels.
3. Corrupt officials and heavy burden of land revenue resulted revolts against them.
4. The mansabdars gradually became more powerful than the central authority.
5. The Europeans were the rising power in the world at that time and the gradually took over the administration of India.