Describe any five major functions of the Indian Parliament.
Five major functions of the Indian Parliament are:
- The Parliament exercise control over executive.
- It legislates a matter that form within the central list as well as concurrent list.
- The Parliament approve proclamation made by the President during emergency period.
- The Parliament also has the power to create a new state or other the name and boundary of an existing state.
- The Parliament has power to impeach the President and the Judges of High Court and Supreme Court.