Classify Directive Principles of State Policy into four main categories. Explain each of them briefly.
Directive Principles of State Policy have been grouped into four main categories they are:
- Economic principles
- Social principles
- Gandhian principles
- Principles related to international peace and security.
(a) Economic Principles
- To secure equal pay for equal work for both men and women.
- To provide adequate means of livelihood for all.
(b) Social Principles
- To make efforts to raise the standard of living and public health.
- To guard children against exploitation and moral degradation.
(c) Gandhian Principles
- To organise village Panchayats.
- To promote cottage industries.
(d) Principles related to International Peace and Security
- To maintain just and honourable relations between nations.
- To promote international peace and security.