Mention any five purposes which the Constitution of India serves towards strengthening democracy.
The Constitution of India is a multipurpose document which serves many purposes to cater our needs, requirements and future aspirations. The five purposes are:
- Defines the nature of a country’s political system.
- Guarantees certain rights based on equality to establish social, political and economic justice.
- Ensures that minority groups are not deprived of the benefits available to the majority group.
- Ensures that the majority group does not dominate the minorities.
- Guards our national interests.