Describe two main features of each of Morley Minto Reforms of 1909 and Government of India Act of 1919 as well as 1935.
Morley Minto Reforms (1909):
- It introduced changes in the size and functions of the councils at the Central as well as Provincial levels.
- Separate electorate were granted to the Muslims.
Government of India Act (1919):
- This Act made the Central Legislature bicameral.
- This Act provided for the establishment of a Public Service Commission in India for the first time.
Government of India Act (1935):
- The introduction of direct elections.
- The establishment of a Federal Court.