Suggest any five measures to conserve minerals and energy resources.
Measures to conserve minerals are:
- Use of efficient methods of mining and processing to minimise the wastage.
- Recycling of mineral resources.
- Substituting the use of scarce minerals by those found in abundance.
Five measures to conserve energy resources are:
- Use of LED bulbs and tubelights.
- Use public transport.
- Switch off the light and fans when not in use.
- Use of power saving electronic devices.
- Use of non-conventional sources of energy, i.e., solar light, solar torch, solar gyser, etc.