State the major landmarks in the field of education in the nineteenth and the twentieth century.
The major landmark in the field of education in the nineteenth and the twentieth century were:
- Earlier the system of education was based on traditional and religious knowledge.
- The system of gurukul was prevalent in Indian society.
- Many Universities and schools were established to spread education.
- In 1937 Gandhiji started wardha education scheme for the welfare of India’s.
- In the year 1854 wood’s Despatch came which made major changes in the education policy of the British. It gave a detailed plan for a separate department of education.