‘Although the British and the Indian Parliament brought many laws to end social evils, yet they continue to exist in the Indian society.’ Justify the statement.
Yes, it is true that the social evils still exist in the society due to following reasons:
- The evil practice of dowry system has been banned but it continues even today.
- Female infanticide has been banned but unfortunately still it continues.
- Caste system exists among the Christians, Muslims, Jains, Buddhists and Sikhs.
- Though the practice of untouchability has been banned but still it continues in some parts of India.
- Widow remarriage is still a big problem in our society.