Describe the various basis of classification of resources with the help of examples.
Classification of resources:
On the basis of exhaustibility:
- Renewable resources (water, sunlight, air).
- Non-renewable resources (coal, oil).
On the basis of origin:
- Biotic resources (birds, animal, plants).
- Abiotic resources (water, land).
On the basis of occurrence:
- Natural resources (water, land, minerals).
- Man-made resources (roads, buildings, bricks).
On the basis of development:
- Potential resources (uranium in Ladakh).
- Actual resources (black soil in Maharashtra).