State the precautions, that one should take for protection during an earthquake if one is (a) inside the house (b) outdoors.
Protection during an earthquake if a person present inside the house:
- Take shelter under a table and stay there till the shaking stops.
- Stay away from tall and heavy objects that may fall on you.
- Do not get up if you are in a bed. Protect your head with pillows.
- Stay indoor until shaking stops and it is safe to move outside.
(b) Protection during an earthquake if a person caught outside in the open:
- Find a clear spot, away from buildings, trees, bridges and overhead power lines.
- Do not come out if sitting in a moving vehicle. Drive slowly to a clear spot and stay inside. Come out only when the tremors stop.