State any five points highlighting the importance of forests to mankind.
Five importance of forests to mankind are
- Forests maintain the ecological balance in nature.
- Forests are the habitat for the living organisms.
- Forests are reservoirs of oxygen.
- Forests help to maintain the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in nature.
- Forests prevent soil erosion, harvest rainwater naturally and maintain soil fertility.
- Forests provide us many useful products, such as wood, paper, fruits, spices, fuel, etc.