Parts of plants
- Roots: Anchors the plant to the ground and absorbs water and nutrients from the soil.
- Stem: Supports the plant, transports water and nutrients from the roots to the leaves, and food from the leaves to the roots.
- Leaves: The main site of photosynthesis, where plants use sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to produce food for themselves.
- Flowers: The reproductive part of the plant, which produces seeds.
- Fruits: The ripened ovary of the flower, which contains seeds and is eaten by animals to spread seeds.
- Seeds: The reproductive structures produced by plants, which contain the genetic information to grow into new plants.